The remit for Landrace was to build a bike that owners find hard to categorise or de-construct. But also be their default and unequivocal choice when they are riding out onto roads sight unseen. A bike to perform at the highest level wherever it finds itself. A bike that somehow feels more balanced, poised and efficient on any road at any speed. A bike to bridge the space between full custom and off-the-peg geometry.
Designed by Cyclefit. Crafted in Boston
Landrace is made according to our design and specification by Seven Cycles in Boston. Seven are the most experienced and exacting titanium fabricators in the world. Seven Titanium White-Paper
- Custom double-butted (in-house at Seven Cycles) US milled 3Al-2.5V titanium.
- Each Landrace frame undergoes seventeen different alignment checks during welding at Seven
- Lower bottom-bracket to reduce centre of gravity and increase confidence and stability
- Steeper seat-angle than current industry standrads reflecting modern bikefitting techniques
- Shorter top-tube enables longer stem for better bike handling on and off road. And makes for a lighter frame
- Conceived to be ridden with a shorter crank (165-170mm) to preserve peak-power, keep the hip open and preserve optimum pedalling efficiency as well as long-term health
- Landrace has been designed with clearances and braze-ons for 32mm tyres and full mudguards
- Landrace uses a 44mm headtube to resist torsional stress and additional braking forces.
- Disc-brakes are here. Used with 12mm thru-axle for axle-to-axle torsional stiffness and disc guide accuracy
- Seven Matador Fork. Not many forks come with a five year warranty but Seven's does - mudguard eyelets, flat-mount disc, machined crown-race for accuracy, clearances for 38c tyres + mudguards